|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 5 strips bacon four strips for cooking & one for garnish
- 2 apples golden delicious, one for cooking & one for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken stock one 32 ounce container
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cook bacon until firm, but not super crisp.
- Peel, core, and cut apple into 1/4 inch dice.
- Saute apple in butter until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Chop bacon into 1/2 inch dice
- Stir in bacon, pumpkin, chicken broth, cream, spice, maple syrup. Warm over medium low for 5 minutes.
- To make it pretty, I cut up an extra apple, and a bit of extra bacon to garnish each bowl. I also like to serve the soup with pretzel rolls. It wasn't garnished at the restaurant, but as I said, Petoskey Brewing has really good beer. They also had pretzel rolls. I love pretzel rolls. At home we like to serve the soup with these Pretzilla mini buns. They are really good. Sometimes we eat this pumpkin soup as dinner. It also works as a side dish with grilled cheese, hamburgers, or pork chops. It makes great comfort food for a cold day.
Share this Recipe
OMG We went to Petoskey Brewing last weekend while we were up seeing the Tunnel of Trees. Had the soup and loved it. Googled looking for a recipe and this came up mentioning Petoskey Brewery. Thanks and can’t wait to try it October 2018