|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 ounces smoked gouda shredded
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Once the water boils, add salt.
- Shred the cheese
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Add flour, whisk to combine, and allow mixture to bubble
- Add milk and whisk to combine. Continue to heat on low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add pasta and cook to al dente.
- Reserve half a cup of the water in case you need to thin out the cheese sauce. Then strain the pasta.
- Remove sauce from heat. Add the cheese and whisk to combine. Then add noodles.
- Add a handful of fresh spinach leaves and stir.
- Optional - Pour into a 9x13 pan, sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Cover and refrigerate. Warm in a 350F over for 20 minutes.
- Plate to serve. Green veggies make a nice compliment.
Share this Recipe