|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz butter melted
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl whisk together ricotta, buttermilk, lemon zest and butter. Then gently in the eggs.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl. Don’t over mix. A few lumps are ok.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes. I put all of my extra ingredients away, clean up the counter, and put some bacon in the oven. Then it’s time to cook.
- Warm a griddle or non-stick pan to medium low then add butter or non-stick spray.
- Test griddle with a spoon of batter and adjust heat if necessary.
- Ladle pancake batter onto the pan / griddle. Each should be about 5 inches across.
- Place a few blueberries on each pancake.
- Flip when the pancake bubbles begin to set at the edges and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- We like to serve these with sprinkling of powdered sugar and maple syrup warmed in a ramekin.
Share this Recipe