|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 yellow onions medium sized, diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 pounds ground beef 10% fat, ground sirloin or chuck
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 18 ounces tomato paste
- 1.5 cups beef stock
- 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes we prefer the San Marzano type
- 24 ounces beer your pick of a stout, porter, or amber
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 45 ounces kidney beans dark red, well rinsed
- Add oil and onions to a large pot. Cook until the onions become translucent about 10 minutes.
- Move the onions so you have a space at the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until it becomes fragrant.
- Add ground chuck and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Pour off any extra fat.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the beans. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Optional: Remove from heat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Rinse the beans and then add them and warm over medium heat at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive.
- Serve with your preference of minced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, corn bread, and sour dough bread.
Share this Recipe