|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 7.5 cups apples cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter one stick
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Grease a 7x11 inch pan or a 10 inch skillet
- Mix the filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Core and slice apples, and add them to the filling. We skip peeling the apples because it saves time, and we like the texture, plus the peels are healthy. We cut the slices 1/4 inch thick and then make those one inch square.
- Spread the filling in the baking pan or skillet.
- Bake filling uncovered for 25 minutes.
- While apples bake, mix topping in a large mixing bowl. We use the same bowl that we use for the filling.
- Remove from oven and add topping. Bake uncovered for 25 more minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes to let things set up. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Share this Recipe